Mike the Moving Guru
For free residential and commercial moving and storage advice -- from Do-It-Yourself Moving to full service relocation options with great companies like United Van Lines -- Call 800-322-2718 ext 123 and ask for "Mike the Moving Guru."
All Chicagoland Moving & Storage, an agent for United Van Lines presents Mike The Moving Guru. Free residential moving advice for our consumers whether they use ACMS or not. The goal here is to provide a customer service to help consumers determine the most efficient way to do a relocation based on each consumers individual needs. No two moves are ever the same. Mike The Moving Guru will have a blog on this page, sharing moving tips and information, so check back often to view the blog or follow us on Twitter (@allchicagoland) and Facebook.
Need some moving advice? Send us a question and we will answer it here!
You are busy but you need to move. But in order to move, you need to get an idea of how much it is going to cost. All Chicagoland Moving and Storage now can give you an online moving estimate through an app on your mobile device.
Here is how the online moving estimate works:
- Make an appointment through our online calendar or give us a call at 1-800-322-2718. We even have after work hours appointments available!
- We will send you either a text or email link to the App you can install.
- Once you are connected with one of our Moving Agents, we will ask a few questions about when you want to move and where you are moving from and to. Then turn your phone into a video camera and show us your stuff!
- In about two hours, you will receive a formal estimate with moving dates, times and cost based on your location and amount of items.
So what are you waiting for? Make your move as easy as possible and sign up to do your Virtual Survey today. There is no cost to you to complete the survey!
If you plan on buying a LCD or Plasma TV, be sure to save the original carton the item came in. A lot of movers will require that the TV is either in it’s original carton or that you rent or purchase a carton for the safe moving of the TV. The cost of a rental LCD TV carton can be $50 and to purchase a TV carton can be as much as $175. To avoid the additional expense, keep the carton when you purchase the TV. In most cases of all electronics, it is best to keep the original carton for the length of the warranty anyway.
Is there a relocation or a renovation of your home in your near future? Give All Chicagoland Moving & Storage a call to discuss the best case scenario for your needs. The consultation is free and ACMS can help you determine the best scenario for your individual needs. ACMS can help with packing of boxes, loading and unloading service, storage service as well as full service relocation options. Just give us a call at 800-322-2718.
All Chicagoland Moving and Storage, an agent for United Van Lines is an excellent source for truckload services. Our rates are very competetive against other freight carriers. Continue reading
When interviewing a moving company, ask plenty of questions and be sure to check that the company is a licensed household goods mover. Here are five tips for selecting a moving company: Continue reading
Fact: More than 1.8 million people in the state of Illinois live below the poverty level. Continue reading
- Clothing left on hangers and placed in wardrobe cartons used by moving companies will arrive at destination wrinkle-free. You might want to purchase several of these special cartons from your moving company. One will hold about two feet of compressed clothing on hangers.
- Continue reading
Good packing is essential for a good move. If you choose to do some or all of your own packing in preparation for your relocation, it’s especially important that you be familiar with the techniques and boxes that will best protect your possessions. Continue reading
- NEW Get an Online Moving Estimate for Your Move with your Mobile Device April 4, 2017
- Moving the United Van Lines Way May 13, 2016
- Planning on buying a LCD or Plasma TV ? September 22, 2012
- Planning a Relocation or Renovation? August 22, 2012
- Truckload Freight Service August 16, 2012